Trouble building srilm project (macosx)

Andreas Stolcke stolcke at speech.sri.com
Mon Dec 5 13:13:25 PST 2005

Peter et al.,

I am told that the version of MaxOS you are using is somewhat old.
I borrowed the Mac of a colleague, it is running

% uname -a
Darwin wapple.icsi.berkeley.edu 8.3.0 Darwin Kernel Version 8.3.0: Mon Oct  3 20
:04:04 PDT 2005; root:xnu-792.6.22.obj~2/RELEASE_PPC Power Macintosh powerpc
% gcc -v
gcc version 4.0.0 (Apple Computer, Inc. build 5026)

and I build the latest version of SRILM, which is 1.4.6-beta (get the beta
version from the download page).

It compiles and runs fine.  (Ignore the warnings about duplicate definition
of qsort.)

--Andreas