A simple question about SRILM

Andreas Stolcke stolcke at speech.sri.com
Tue Apr 6 09:34:12 PDT 2004

The ngram-count man page says

       -gtnmax count
              where  n  is 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, or 9.  Set the
              maximal count of N-grams of order n that  are  dis-
              counted  under  Good-Turing.  All N-grams more fre-
              quent than that  will  receive  maximum  likelihood
              estimates.  Discounting can be effectively disabled
              by setting this to 0.

Therefore, you can disable smoothing with

	ngram-count -gt1max 0 -gt2max 0 -gt3max 0 ...

--Andreas