[SRILM User List] Result DIFFERS for all test when installing SRILM

Ekaterina Gonina egonina at eecs.berkeley.edu
Mon Jan 25 09:51:10 PST 2010

Hello,

I am wondering if you can help me fix a problem I encounter when installing
SRILM.

I am installing SRILM on Ubuntu x86_64 GNU/Linux, with machine-type i686,
gcc version 4.2.4. The install process goes through, but I get many messages
of the type:

*** Running test vocab-aliases ***
Command exited with non-zero status 127
0.00user 0.00system 0:00.00elapsed 133%CPU (0avgtext+0avgdata 0maxresident)k
vocab-aliases: stdout output DIFFERS.
vocab-aliases: stderr output DIFFERS.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/egonina/srilm/lm/test'
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/egonina/srilm/flm/test'
/home/egonina/srilm/sbin/go.
unzip: 15: ngram: not found
Compressed file i/o no supported; uncompressing data files

ERROR:  File to be installed (../bin/i686/ngram) does not exist.
ERROR:  File to be installed (../bin/i686/ngram) is not a plain file.
Usage:  decipher-install <mode> <file1> ... <fileN> <directory>
        mode:                 file permission mode, in octal
        file1 ... fileN:      files to be installed
        directory:            where the files should be installed

files =  ../bin/i686/ngram
directory =  ../../bin/i686
mode =  0555

Then all of the tests DIFFER when I run "make test". The make.output file is
attached.

I'd very much appreciate any help on this!

Thank you,

Katya

--
Ekaterina Gonina