[SRILM User List] problem getting srilm

Andreas Stolcke stolcke at speech.sri.com
Mon Sep 21 07:49:22 PDT 2009

Sylvain Raybaud wrote:
> Hello everyone
>
> Getting an archive of srilm toolkit from the website has been near-impossible
> for me for some months now... After I fill in the form at
> http://www.speech.sri.com/projects/srilm/download.html and accept the license
> the download begins but is incredibly slow (throughput varying between 0 and
> 1 kilo bytes per second). After a few hours I get a message saying that the
> connection was closed or something like that. Did I miss something? thanks a
> lot.

I'm sure I would have heard lots of complaints if this was a general
issue.  Also, I just downloaded the package from my home cable
connection, at about 300kB/s.   So I would first investigate possible
issues with your internet connection.
A good site to for measuring network bandwidth is
http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/ .

Andreas