MAP File

Abbas Malik abbas.malik at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 07:41:07 PDT 2009

Dear All,

Issue 1:

I am running a statistical system using the 'disambig' command with a map
file.

In the map file, I want to map an empty string on a word from the corpus,

nothing w1 w2 w3...

I want to establish a link between an empty string of V1 (nothing) and a
multiple choices of from the data V2.

Normal entry in the Map file is like follow

w w1 w2 ...

Is it possible that I just delete the w, put a space at the start of the
line and give the possible word list after this first space? I do not know
that this line will establish links with EMPTY STRING and word list followed
by the space at the start of the line or not. I hope that someone of you can
help me.

Issue 2:

In the map file, is it possible to map one word of V1 on to multiple words
of of V2. I mean that if we encounter a word w from V1 then it is replaced
or transformed by both words [w1 w2] of V2, such that w maps on the set [w1
w2] and does not map on w1 and w2 separately. I hope that I have cleared my
point.

Thank you in advance,

---
M G Abbas Malik
Doctorant (PhD Student)
Université Joseph Fourier,
Groupe d'Etude pour la Traduction Automatique et le Traitement Automatisé
des Langues et de la Parole (GETALP)
Laboratoire d'Informatique de Grenoble (LIG) / Grenoble Informatics
Laboratory

GETALP, LIG-Campus, BP53
385 Rue de la Bibliothèque,
38041 Grenoble Cedex 9, France