"format error in lattice file"?

Andreas Stolcke stolcke at speech.sri.com
Wed Feb 23 16:34:29 PST 2005

In message <efce2afe95f32130966ac61bcc973bc6 at stanford.edu>you wrote:
> Hi Andreas,
>
> If I have lattices, which I have converted into n-best lists using
> lattice-tool -nbest-decode, and I want to then compare the scoring
> results of the original nbest from the lattice with an nbest that has
> been rescored in a particular way, how would you recommend I go about
> inputting each of them into compute-sclite?
>
> Since the nbest list is not in one of the input forms for
> compute-sclite, I'm not sure how to do this, yet I need the lattices in
> n-best form in order to be able to rescore them in the manner I'm
> planning. Does that make any sense?

You don't score the entire nbest lists.  You extract the 1best
according to some linear weighting of the different model scores,
then score the 1best hypotheses you get .

Check the nbest-scripts(1) man page for a description of
"rescore-reweight".

There is also a tool to optimize the weights on a held-out set.
Check the nbest-optimize(1) command.

--Andreas