Lattice tool

Roy Bar Haim barhaim at cs.technion.ac.il
Tue Jun 29 09:20:20 PDT 2004

Hi,

I have a few questions about lattices:

1. Is it possible to get the n-best word sequences from a lattice,
according to Viterbi decoding, and not only the 1-best? If not, what is
the function of  n-best lists in SRILM? How they are created?
2. When applying lattice-expansion in lattice-tool: are the original
probabilities in the lattice just ignored?
3. How does lattice-expansion work, for instance, for a trigram backoff
model. How do the states and transitions change? I would be grateful to
see a toy example that clarifies that, or to get a reference for such an
explanation.
4. Just to make sure: if the transition prbablity is p, should I encode
it as 10000.5*log(p) (log is the natural log) in the pfsg?
5. In pfsg format, are n1 n2 in the transition lines state numbers, or
the actual words? If they are numbers, does the numbering start with 0
or with 1?

Thanks a lot,
Roy.