decode lattice

john at newington.f9.co.uk john at newington.f9.co.uk
Fri Mar 5 03:53:30 PST 2004

Andreas,

I changed our lattice files so that the words were not enclosed in double quotes. This fixed the initial problem and enabled me to get an output from lattice-tool. However, I then realised that I needed to scale the output from my classifier by subtracting the log prior probabilities for each class before building the lattice. Now, when I try the rescaling and decoding using lattice-tool it predicts the same (low frequency) label for almost every token.

Am I wrong to scale my 'accoustic' probabilities before building the lattice? Does lattice-tool do this for me when I call:

./lattice-tool -read-htk -in-lattice lattice.slf -write-htk \ -out-lattice lattice.out -lm DAgrammar -no-nulls

Hope you can shed some light on this.

Regards,

John Ferguson