Default smoothing in ngram-count

Robert Wagner nlp at pobox.sk
Wed Feb 11 02:46:13 PST 2004

Hi to all!
 I haven't found anywhere in SRILM's documentation what is a default
smoothing option to ngram-count. Is it Katz backoff?

I have also got a following warning: discount coeff 1 is out of
range. What does it mean? Is it a bad thing?

I would also like to know whether is there some kind of compatibility
between SRILM and CMU language modeling toolkit, i.e. if it is
possible to use n-gram counts gained by CMU in SRILM and reversaly.

And last question (probably stupid;-)): What are reverse n-grams good
for?

 Thanks
Robert

http://www.pobox.sk/ - spolahliva a bezpecna prevadzka